Monday, September 19, 2011

Another Weekend in the Pines

The Pine Barrens of New Jersey is a fun place for motorcycles.  Nearly all of the riding is on public roadways so your motorbike needs to be registered and licensed.  They call them public roadways, but many of them are barely passable unless you are on a motorcycle or a modified jeep.  Actually, I am not even sure some of the roads are wide enough for a jeep!  Lots of sand, lots of pine trees, and lots of deep puddles.
Rudy, myself and John.  We started the ride together then met up with Chris later.
Rudy munching on a PB&J on some abandoned train tracks.
Some roads were flooded out.  Lots of puddles.
Speaking of puddles, I had a "tip over" in one of them.  Luckily I did not drown my bike.
This is Rudy's barely street legal Husqvarna 250.  Badass.
Here is Chris's BMW G650X-Challenge.  Slighly burlier version of my bike.
Can you believe I got ANOTHER flat?  I can!
Lowered the air pressure on the rear later in the day, but the valve core got stuck open leaving me with a slow leak.  So after a few miles my tire went flat and tore off the valve stem.

Total off-road mileage was about 85 miles, a lot of work.  I am sore.
Gotta do a bit of maintenance to the bike now!

No comments: