Tuesday, April 6, 2010

shim shimminy


IMG_4882, originally uploaded by rackntroll.

i bought these paul components thumbies a few years ago, but the build they were intended for never happened.
now id like to use them on my new frame im finishing up. they're made for a 26.0mm handle diameter, a mtn bar is 22.2mm. a little shim action and viola, now they work for either!
not sure why paul doesnt just make one size and use a shim, makes more sense [to me] than having 2 different clamp sizes, and more versatile to boot.

3 comments:

Fxdwhl said...

so i'm guessing the new one will be geared then?

EricM said...

Do you happen to know of any commercial options do do this shim job. I have the exact same issue I have road thumbies I want to fit on a mtb bar.

D n L said...

eric- i can make a set for you, contact me via the link in the sidebar.