since my practice piece went well, it was time to go for it.
using 'the wiggler' to find approximate center. this is the quick and dirty way, i was not overly concerned with this hole being perfectly centered. for all the other holes though i located them using another much more precise method.
boring, getting very close to the final cut.
i am surprised how accurately the boring head cuts. i measured for my final cut, dialed it in on the boring head and it came out wonderful.
hand tapping on the mill. no power, just using the spindle as a guide. once i got it started to a sufficient depth i used a tap wrench for the rest of the way.
done! now i need to work on a second piece, for the opposite end of the chainstay fixture.