Monday, August 10, 2009

Garmin Connect

Stinks! i liked motionbased much better.

one aspect of motionbased i really preferred was their ability to use survey points to correct the altitude of the garmin unit which can be pretty inaccurate. maybe garmin connect has that feature also and i just havent figured it out?

went for a nice ride on saturday for laura's birthday.... the garmin uses a barometric altimeter, and during our ride a weather system moved in- so our starting and finishing altitude is more than 300ft off, come onnnnnn!

so maybe i just havent figured out the nuances of garmin connect yet, or maybe it just stinks compared to motionbased.

2 comments:

Fxdwhl said...

yeah it sucks. hopefully they bring back all the motionbased features. map my ride let's you upload files though I haven't tried it yet.

Anonymous said...

I haven't logged into MotionBased in a while, and to my surprise...I had to use Garmin Connect..and I totally agree, it does suck badly..I miss the pie charts, and how long it takes you to run each mile of a run..etc. Garmin Connect lacks horribly. Hopefully MB will help repair the sad, sad Garmin Connect. At this point, I'm not even really interested in uploading any of my activities because Garmin Connect is a waste of time!!