Tuesday, March 25, 2008

a dilemna

so i have a butt-load of tubing that arrived a few days ago. the only problem is that (for the most part) all of my personal cargo rack needs have been filled.

i have found myself standing in the barn looking at 20+ ft of tubing and having no idea what to build with it. i think i need another guinea pig! i will build the next rack for the cost of tubing and supplies (brass, flux, oxy/fuel). the same deal fxdwhl got. depending on the complexity of the rack expect $50-80 worth of tubing. but, you must understand that i have only built 4.5 racks thus far. using one of my racks will increase the utility and usefulness of your cycle.

if you ride a cross-check it is a plus, bc then i can build a front rack without having to see your bicycle at all. rear racks are a different story altogether. if it is some other bike i can build the platform portion sans-bike, but i will definately need the bike breifly to fit the stays.

so i ask- what do you need? a rack for hauling around copy boxes? cases of beer (or cola)? small animals? large animals? your attache case?

5 comments:

Fxdwhl said...

Build one for Peter to use and one to display in the shop. Make'm purdy too.

Eric said...

I had this is Eric Morgan. Not sure if you remember me but I bought the schwinn traveler off you a while back and would come in trophy.

I saw your racks and if you are interested in a guinea pig I'd definetly be interested.

Contact me at ericmorgan58(at)hotmail.com. Talk to you soon.

d & l said...

eric, of course i remember who you are! come on man! seriously! check yer email

d & l said...

eric, your email address is not working for me.

jason said...

not local to the PA area, but I use my fixie cross check up here in northern vt for commuting and dirt road exploring.

Would love to chat about getting a rack built up.

jachilich at gmail